This summer, serve your cocktail on a stick. These watermelon margarita popsicles are sweet and fruity and come complete with salt around the (lime) rim!
- 2 1/2 cups seedless watermelon, about half of a large watermelon
- 4 limes,2 for juicing, 2 for slicing
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup tequila
- margarita or other coarse salt
- Place tequila in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Turn the heat to high. As soon as the alcohol begins to bubble, set your timer for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, remove pan from stove immediately, carefully pour your prepared tequila into a heatproof container, and transfer bowl to your fridge to cool.
- After tequila cools, place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, and sugar has dissolved
- Run ingredients through a strainer to remove watermelon pulp.
- Divide mixture between popsicle molds. Place slices of lime onto the bottom of of the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze overnight. Sprinkle limes with salt before serving.
Recipe and photography by Briana Moore.